Welcome to the Sundays In Bed With… Meme! The meme that dares to ask what book has been in your bed this morning? Come share what book you’ve spent time curled up reading in bed, or which book you wish you had time to read today! This meme is hosted by Midnight Book Girl.
This weekend I’m reading The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare. I’ve been hearing amazing things about the books for years so I finally decided to pick it up and it was the best decision of my life. It is so GOOD. It’s pretty much everything I’ve ever wanted in a historical romance. And it just proves that marriage of convenience will always be the superior trope. I have about 120 pages left and the plan is to finish it all today. I can’t wait!
Title: The Duchess Deal
Author: Tessa Dare
Series: Girl Meets Duke #1
Release Date: August 22, 2017
Since his return from war, the Duke of Ashbury’s to-do list has been short and anything but sweet: brooding, glowering, menacing London ne’er-do-wells by night. Now there’s a new item on the list. He needs an heir—which means he needs a wife. When Emma Gladstone, a vicar’s daughter turned seamstress, appears in his library wearing a wedding gown, he decides on the spot that she’ll do.
His terms are simple:
– They will be husband and wife by night only.
– No lights, no kissing.
– No questions about his battle scars.
– Last, and most importantly… Once she’s pregnant with his heir, they need never share a bed again.
But Emma is no pushover. She has a few rules of her own:
– They will have dinner together every evening.
– With conversation.
– And unlimited teasing.
– Last, and most importantly… Once she’s seen the man beneath the scars, he can’t stop her from falling in love…